Occupational Therapy for my child
Occupational therapists help children to stay calm, participate, and learn.
Occupational Therapists assist your child’s development of:
- Emotional regulation including understanding emotions and using strategies to keep calm
- Sensory processing skills
- Sleeping through the night
- Eating a variety of foods
- Self-care skills such as brushing their teeth, bathing, dressing, and washing themselves
- Playing with toys
- Organisational skills
- Fine motor skills including handwriting, using scissors
Speech Pathology for my child
Speech Pathologists support your child to communicate, socially interact and read.
Speech Pathologists assist your child’s development of:
- Expressive language
- Language comprehension (understanding others)
- Social understanding and pragmatics
- Speech sounds
- Eating (biting, chewing, and swallowing)
Helping your child at kindy and school
Partnering with your child’s educational team
Our unique “Collaboration for Inclusion” approach means that your child is never withdrawn out of their group or classroom into an empty room.
Instead, we collaborate with your child’s educators to set goals, share strategies, discuss challenges, and reflect on practice.
We evaluate the learning environment as well to suggest modifications that can enhance outcomes for your child.
Our “Anywhere” Service
Our In-Home service is also offered online
There is emerging research evidence that parent coaching online is equally effective as face-to-face therapy.
This will challenge many parents’ ideas of what makes therapy successful. Evidence shows that many autistic children often prefer online interactions with their therapist as it reduces the stress of human interaction.
Plus, we are using technology, a safe place for many children. We know that autistic children learn best in their natural setting, during everyday activities whilst using materials which occur in their natural environment.